Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|English • 한국어 •|
The first Critcal Mass in South Korea took place in Seoul on 21 April 2001. 8 bicycles rode from Kwangwhamun(so called "Balbary Park" near the US Ambassy).
In Busan, the Korea biggest harbor, the first Critical Mass took place on 23 September 2006. 80 bicycles rode from Sajik Stadium to Busan Citizen Hall(Jobang Ap). From 6th ride, Busan Critical Mass regulaly take place in Busan Metropolitan City Hall(fountain) on every 4th Saturday 3:30 PM to Nampodong Yongdusan Park.
The first Suwon Critical Mass took place on 23 February 2002 in Bukmun and ride every 4th Saturday 3:30 PM in Jangan Park.
The first Chunchon CM took place on 15 March 2008 and ride every 2nd Saturday 2PM in Chunchon City Hall.
In Korea Critical Mass used to call by the name “Balbary”(It means “Person moving by two feet and two wheels.")
Balbarian(the Korean Critical Mass participants) like to use “Regain the road deprived by car”, “My heart beat when meet bicycle!”, “Give one lane to bicycle”, “This road is not driveway” and “Bicycle, It's enough!” to appeal people.  
- ↑ capsize. "2001년 4월 21일 critical-mass, seoul 출발!", 발바리홈, 2001-04-23.
- ↑ 강윤경•이현정. "부산을 자전거 도시로!", 부산일보, 2008-5-1.
- ↑ 이지은. "차도 씽씽…자전거라고 깔보지 마!", 한겨레, 2003-8-17.
- ↑ 김미영. "자전거여, 도로를 즐겨라", 한겨레21, 2009-9-4.
- ↑ 홍은택. "찻길 횡단할 수 있을 만큼 떼를 짓자", 한겨레, 2006-11-2.
- ↑ 강윤경. "도로 살 빼면 환경오염•비만도 줄어요", 부산일보, 2008-10-29.
- ↑ 권태선. "크리티컬 매스(떼거리 잔차질)", 한겨레, 2008-4-17.
see also Edit
- Critical Mass in Korea (in Korean)