Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
San Jose Bike Party Edit
San Jose Bike Party is not officially a Critical Mass ride, though it takes its inspiration from CM and in many ways resembles a CM.
How Bike Party is like CM:
- many bikes, once a month
- two wheels=good, dino-burners=bad
- music, bright lights, lots of fun
- no leaders - collective organization and mutual aid saves the day!
How Bike Party is not like CM:
- late at night - 8:30pm
- non-confrontational - we let cars pass whenever possible
- routes are pre-planned and publicized
- costume/music "themes" every month
- not quite "anything goes" - sloppy drunks and inconsiderate jerks are not welcome
Third Friday of every month, 8:30pm. Ride typically departs by 9pm at the latest - stragglers are on their own. Rides typically last about 3 hours.
The ride start location and route changes monthly. To find out information please visit the website www.SjBikeParty.org
How We RideEdit
- Know the law, and follow it...especially when doing otherwise might endanger others. (No DUI, use front & back lights & reflectors)
Leave no one behind
- Take care of your fellow riders.
Stay together - ride as one
- We are safer as a group. Once we start across an intersection, we ALL cross if it's safe to do so.
We take the lane
- We are a vehicle. Take the full right lane. Whenever we can, we leave left lanes for cars.
Roll past conflict
- Don't let angry drivers ruin the ride.
Respect the Ride
- We are all here to have fun.
- E-mail list - features links to other resources, plus e-mail archives
- Myspace page - generally kept current
- Facebook group - also generally current
- old Critical Mass page - historic, from 2006.
-  - site webpage
- Light Rail: The VTA Light Rail's Winchester line runs to downtown Campbell from downtown San Jose (including Diridon Caltrain station) about every 20 minutes.
What to BringEdit
- a bike (any bike, really - but make sure it rolls!)
- your friends
- lights - this ride is ALL after dark, so white front light and a red rear light are a MUST. spoke lights, down-low lights, etc. are super-rad.
- snacks & beverages - refreshment stops are few and far between
- repair kit & tools
- boom box
- your friends
Planning meetings usually happen a week or two before a ride, generally on Tuesday evenings at a coffee shop in the area. Watch the e-mail list, Myspace, or Facebook for updates.