Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Critical Mass in Oberlin Edit
Critical Mass at Oberlin, Ohio! Meet at Tappan Square at 5:30 p.m. on the last Friday of every month.
A party will be held at the end of the ride, back in Tappan Square. We encourage people to dress up bikes and themselves and to have lots of fun but to remember to follow basic traffic laws. Critical Mass is supported by Oberlin's Office of Environmental Sustainability. OES encourages alternative transportation.
Rules of the Road Edit
- Starting one-half hour after sunset, riders are required to use a white front light and red rear light on his/her bicycle or person as well as red rear reflector on the bicycle. Side reflectors are required for wheels. City ordinances require a bell or horn by which the rider may warn pedestrians of his/her approach.
- Bicylces must be ridden on the right side of the road.
- Riders may not ride more than two abreast.
Tips for Street Riding Edit
- Ride on the street with the rest of traffic. It is more dangerous to ride on sidewalks.
- Ride with lights so traffic can see you.
- Don't ignore stop signs. Obey the traffic laws and all stop signs.
- Ride with traffic. It will prevent accidents and traffic tickets.
Source: Information provided by Ohio Department of Public Safety and Oberlin College Safety and Security Office.